Saturday, June 26, 2010

Combining a Sketch Challenge with a Color Challenge

This card is for 2 challenges. The colors are for the Diva Coffee Break Designs challenge #182



and the sketch is from the Clean and Simple Stamping FTL96 challenge.



When I seen this sketch my first thought was to use the Tart and Tangy stamp set, but then the card posted for the sketch used that stamp set, so I didn't want to duplicate it. So then I started to think about using different flower stamps, but that thought didn't get the creative juices flowing. Buttons?, nope not doing it for me. Mixing brads? Nope, still nothing. So, I figured I would clear off my desk a little while I think about what I wanted to do, and as I started putting my punches away it hit me, PUNCHES, I have lots of punches. So, here it is.



Supplies
Stamps: Occasional Quotes
Cardstock: Basic Black, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Summer Sun
Ink: Versamark
Punches: 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Boho Blossoms, Modern Label, Word Window
Embellishments: Rich Regal Brads, Bold Brights Brads
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Paper Snips, Paper Piercing Too and Mat Pack, Embossing Budy, Heat Tool, Glue Dots and SNAIL

Tips
I cut all of the punches on the scallop towards the middle to give a little lift to all of the flowers. I hope you like it. Thanks for checking out my post today, and for leaving your comments.

1 comment:

Chrissy Kelly said...

totally love this card=)