Thursday, June 24, 2010

Monday's Shoebox Swap

Monday we had our downline meeting at my upline's (Mary) home. We meet every month, and rotate between business meeting and shoebox swap, where everyone designs a card and brings enough supplies for everyone at the meeting to make that card; this past Monday was the shoebox swap. We always have a lot of fun at these meetings and the cards are always so nice, so I figured I would share those cards with everyone. The first card was designed by my upline, Mary. I love the card Mary made, but this one does not do it any justice, I'm not happy with how mine turned out. I think the problem is the way I placed the petals of the flower. Anyway, I'm sure in the near future I will be redoing and posting this card. With the exception of the greeting that was stamped with Teeny Tiny Wishes, this card is made entirely from punches.



For this card you punch a 3/4" Circle at least 1/2" from the edge of a piece of cardstock.



And then with the Large Oval Punch you punch over that circle, with the circle being close to the end of the punch.



And your end product is the petal of the flower and it looks like this.



Cut 6 of these and then arrange them like a flower with the circle towards the middle. Use the largest flower in Boho Blossom Punch and a Designer Button for the center of the flower. To cut the stem make a punch with the Extra Large Oval Punch.


Using the Extra Large Oval Punch again punch around the edge of the oval.



So that your finished product with look like this.



I hope these instructions are clear, and if not feel free to email me with questions. The next card is Diane's, and was done with the Level I hostess stamp set Because I Care that will be available in the 2010-2011 catalog next week. As you'll see shortly great minds think alike.



You can't really see it in the picture, but there are some added flowers that were punched with a punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, and then with Dimensionals they were placed on the hydrangea. This gives a little bit of a 3-Dimensional look to the flower. The third card that we completed on Monday was designed by Kim. This is done with one of my most favourite stamp sets, Vintage Vogue. This card also uses some Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper. This paper will no longer be available in these colors after June 30th. The same paper in different colors (as noticed by the very keen eye of my upline Mary) will be replacing it, and will be available July 1st. I love this card and the look that using the 2 different patterns of mathching DSP makes. Note to self, use more DSP in cards.



The next card was designed by Sue, and uses the Razzle Dazzle stamp set. This card is a very simple card, but very pretty. I love the look of the So Saffron and the Taken with Teal. Taken with Teal will no longer be available after next week, but the So Saffron is such a versatile color that the Taken with Teal could easily be replaced with several other colors, Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, and so many others.



The last card that we made is my card, but before I show you it I must give credit where credit is due. I CASE'd this card (100%, not one part of it is mine) from Ann at The Stampin' Schach. The only difference between Ann's card and mine is that I didn't add the 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, because I didn't order any of that during the pre-order. Anyway, here is my card.



And now you can see why I say great minds think alike, both Diane and I used the Because I Care stamp set. Well, thats all for now. I know it's a long post, but I hope you enjoy the cards I've shared.

5 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Nice tutorial Tammy. And look at your followers? Good job. Hugs, Nataliya.

Kim Jenkins said...

I enjoyed ALL your cards,

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

ps I am a follower now

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for showing how to make the first card...very creative! And thanks for the shout out! Your hydrangea card looks wonderful!

SherriC. said...

Great cards, I love the card you made Tam, love how you stamped on the backround paper , and I love the colours you used

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the flower tutorial. I can't wait to play with it.

www.papercreationsnbykaren.blogspot.com