Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrating Canada Day and the Fourth of July

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, a week actually. but I have a least 2 cards to show today so hopefully that will make up for it. Both cards are in celebration of Canada Day, but the first has a little twist to it. As you see in my profile I live in Rochester, NY, so I thought it was appropriate to celebrate Canada Day and the Fourth of July together in 1 card. So to do that I made a Canada Day card, and added a little blue for the so there would be some Red, White & Blue on the card.



Supplies
Stamps: Canada Day
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Versamark
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Night of Navy and Glossy White Card Stock
Accessories: Embossing Buddy, Clear Embossing Powder , Heat Tool, Powder Pals, Dimensionals, SNAIL

Tips
I used a technique called Joseph's Coat to make the background with the fireworks. This technique makes the fireworks sort of 'pop' off the page, but you really don't get the full effect in this picutre. In my next post I will be giving step by step instructions on how to do this and hopefully the 'pop' effect will show better in the pictures.

Enjoy, and a belated Happy Canada Day and Fourth of July to all.

No comments: