Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Tutorial for a Challenge

Hi Again, for the second time today.  Today's card is for a challenge on Scrapmaster's Paradise, it is color challenge #57.


Don't you just love this color combo?  I especially love Marina Mist, it is another one of my new favourites that SU! came out with this year. 



To do this card I did a technique that I learned at an all day stamping event host by my 3rd upline, Linda Bauwin.  This technique in particular was taught by Sherm Langan, an SU! Demonstrator.

Supplies
Stamps:  For All You Do, Occassional Quotes
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Confetti White, Whisper White
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Blushing Bride
Stampin' Write Markers:  Marina Mist and Blushing Bride
Punches:  Modern Label Punch
Accessories:  Bashful Blue 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Brights and Subtles Brads, Stamp-a-ma-Jig, Sponge Daubers, Crimper, Color Spritzer Tool, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Color Catcher, Paper Snips, Grid Paper, Dimensionals, SNAIL

Tips
For this tutorial I did all of my folding, crimping etc. on a piece of Confetti White Cardstock that was not stamped on so you could have a clear picture, but you definitely want to be sure to stamp, color, spritz, etc. your image before doing any of the following.
I started with a pice of Confetti White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4" and using my Grid Paper I marked the 5" sides with a pencil at 2-1/2" and on the 3-3/4" sides I marked at 1-7/8", and then lightly with a pencil I drew lines connecting those marks.


I then used my bone folder and scored along those pencil marks.  You really don't need to mark the lines with a pencil, you could just jump to making score lines with your Bone Folder if you wanted.  Once you have your lines scored, fold them along the score lines.




If you marked your paper with a pencil, it doesn't matter which way you fold your corners, you just want to make sure the pencil marks are on the side you apply your SNAIL to when mounting this to your card.  With your paper folded along the score lines run it through the crimper.



And this is what it will look like when finished running it through the crimper.



I hope this is clear, and you have fun trying this technique.  I love it and use it often in my cards.

4 comments:

helloholley said...

Your card is so lovely....thanks for sharing how you made it!!! I'll have to 'file' this away and case it sometime ;)

Love crafts forever said...

Awesome tutorial, my friend. See you August 1st. Hugs, Nataliya.

Stephanie said...

Love this card! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

SherriC. said...

thanks for the tutorial Tammy, see you on the 1st!!!