Saturday, July 17, 2010

When You're On, You're On!

So first I couldn't get into a creative groove, now I can't stop, LOL. This card is for 2 challenges, the first challenge is from Just Add Ink and it is a "Just Add...EMBOSSING! challenge. The second challenges is for Pals Paper Arts and it's a Wedding Theme Challenge.
Since Just Add Ink is an embossing challenge I decided that it was finally time for me to do the Split Negative Technique which you can find the tutorial for it on the Splitcoast Stampers website, or by clicking here.
When you do the split negative you get 2 separate images to work with, so you know I had to make 2 different cards.



For the first card I didn't do any layers, I just attached the split negative directly to the card. For the greeting I also did a split negative, but just with stamping, I didn't emboss. The more I look at this card I think I want to add some white brads to it, hmmmm.



I've seen some cards where they've done a couple layers and it really had a nice look to it. I was going to that with this card, but the problem is that the Medallion is so large and in order to do more layers you have to cut more of the Medallion off, and I didn't want to do that. So, for the second card I did only 1 layer, using Whisper White as my base. I tried it with using Basic Black as my base but for some reason the image didn't seem to pop as much when layered on the white.



Supplies

Stamps: Medallion
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black, Whisper White Craft Ink
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Punches: Word Window Punch
Accessories: Black Emobssing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pals, Paper Snips, Neutral Brads, Mat Pack, Paper PiercerSNAIL

Tips
After I embossed the image is attached it to a piece of plain printer paper. This enabled me to play around with the image before adhering it to anything, and the plain printer paper is very think so you can't even tell its there when you look at the finished product.
Don't have your fan blowing in you're direction when you are using embossing powder, it makes a little mess.

Have a great day.

19 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Wonderful effect! The black and white are so classy! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Shari Winterstein said...

Wow - another stunner! Great job of lining each image up. Thanks for blessing my day! :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Stunning!

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Tammy - your cards are very dramatic. Great colour combo, and LOVE the split-negative technique using the Medallion stamp.

Anonymous said...

Wowee! This is impressive! Very well done!

~Lisa J~ said...

This is lovely Tammy!! So elegant!

Danielle Daws said...

Wow! These are awesome! I think the one on white is my favourite though... :-)

Paula Dobson said...

I love Black and White. You have combined everything beautifully!

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Tammy. Your cards are amazing. This stamp is REALLY on my list, i love it so much. Ivan saying hello to you, he is with me here.
Hugs, Nataliya & Ivan.

Molly B said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for the comment on my blog and for following. I am doing the same for you. :)

Jo said...

Great card. Love this technique, it's so effective.

Linda Callahan said...

So elegant! Wonderful technique! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

AJ said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!! This is stunning! Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

SherriC. said...

Another WoW tammy, I love this card, it is so pretty in person, tfs!!!! to bad this weekend was so busy and we didn't get any time to be crafty,
have you re-cooped from the water fight...or should I say "lets get tammy water fight" hope you had fun....sorry they all ganged up on you....but glad it wasn't me LOL :) :)

Tania Gould said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Diane Noble said...

Love, Love this! Adorable. New follower from SC!! I'll be back.

Crystal said...

Ohhhh, wow! This is fantastic! tfs

Shannon Willis said...

Wow Tammy, you do have your groove on!!!

Shannon
www.shannonscropstop.blogspot.com

linda74 said...

My - Oh my - - Just Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations - this is a definite one for casing - I just LOVE it!