Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Picture Perfect Creations Color Combo

Hi All;

Today's card is for Picture Perfect Creations Color Combo #27.  One of these colors is a favourite, Concord Grape.  I think it's because it makes me think of, yea you guessed it, concord grapes and my absolutely most favourite Yankee Candle Scent which called Vineyard.  Anyway, here's the colors for the challenge.



Since the combo has a purple and a green in it I figured the best stamp to use was the lavender stamp from Herb Expressions.



Supplies
Card Stock:  Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Wild Wasabi, Watercolor, Whisper White
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Black StazOn, Concord Crush
Stampin' Write Markers:  Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush
Stamps:  Herb Expressions, Bella Toile
Punches:  Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Pretty in Pink Brads, SNAIL, Paper Snips

Tips
  1. When I place the ribbon I don't wrap it all around the card stock.  I just wrap it across the front and cut off enough to fold it over the side and tape it to the back of the card stock.  Over time this saves a lot of ribbon.
  2. I use my Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to place the brads, this helps to line things up.
  3. The image is stamper on Watercolor Paper with Black StazOn Ink, and then colored the image with my Blender Pen and Stampin' Write Markers.  Remember to always use Watercolor Paper and StazOn Ink if you are going to watercolor; if not the paper will most likely tear and the ink will smear.
I hope you enjoy my post today, I would love to know what you think.


3 comments:

SherriC. said...

oh tammy thats so pretty.....

Lori Turner said...

Tammy, your card is gorgeous! You used our colors so nicely this week! Thanks for playing with us at PPC...

Tamie said...

I love the image you used and just the way you worked the colors into your card. The Concord Grape color is awesome and the smell of that kind of candle would be awesome. thanks for playing with us at PPC.

Tamie - PPC DT