Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Notably Ornate

Hi again, 2 posts in 1 week, WOW!  My sister-in-law left me a comment today saying she almost fell off the couch when she seen that I post.  Well, I wonder what 2 posts in 1 week will do to her?  LOL.

Today's card is made with the stamp set Nortably Ornate, I LOVE this set.  Why, you ask?  Well I really don't know why, but there is something about it that draws me to it.

Check out the card, maybe you'll see what I mean.


Isn't it fun!

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Notably Ornate
Ink:  Basic Black
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red
Designer Series Paper:  Love Letter
Punches:  Modern Label Punch
Accessories:  1 1/4" Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Snips, SNAIL

Tips
  1. When cutting the ribbon, you only need to cut enough to fold over the edges ~ this way you just tape or SNAIL the ribbon to the back of the DSP.  It helps your ribbon go a little bit farther.
  2. The main image of the card was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock with Basic Black ink and then I cut it out with my Paper Snips.  I really hate cuting things, it is a pain; but I've learned that if you move the card stock as you're cutting, and not the Paper Snips it makes cutting a little easier.
  3. The "just because" was also stamped on Very Vanilla card stock and then punched out using the Modern Label Punch.  To do the layering with the Riding Hood Red card stock I punched out a piece using the Modern Label Punch and then cut it in half so that it layers the "just because" on both ends.
Well, that's all for today.  I hope you enjoyed my card.  And, Sherri I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell off the couch.

4 comments:

SherriC. said...

Oh aren't you just sooo funny, I almost didn't look, so I was prepared, and sorry to disapoint you, but I am still on the couch.....LOL
This is really pretty.....TFS!!!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Tammy I haven't been by your blog to visit in a while, and I truly had forgotten how wonderful your posts are. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful creations!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Tammy! I'm following you from SC! I see you are from Rochester...I'm originally from Syracuse. *waving hello* :) Love your card! All of a sudden, this stamp has been added to my wish list. Such an elegant design! Have a great day! :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Too funny! Love your card yay on posting!! :)