Saturday, August 3, 2013

Challenging Myself

I absolutely love stamping, I go through withdraw if I don't stamp at least once a week.  When I first started stamping I would create my own cards more often than not, but over the last 2 years I have stopped creating and instead have been "CASEing."  Not that there is anything wrong with that (as long as you give credit where credit is due), but I just feel like I'm getting lazy.  So, the best way for me to step out of what has become my comfort zone I have been scoping out the many challenge blogs out there and really pushing myself to create some of my own cards.

Which brings us to today's post, a color challenge from Pals Paper Arts, and I must say I am rather excited about the card I developed.

Here is the challenge...



Strawberry Slush is a new Stampin' Up! In Color for 2013-2015, and it has become an absolutely favorite color of mine.

For my card I used a new technique that I have just recently started seeing, it's called Magical Masking Tape, and it is unbelievably easy to do.  Here is a link to the tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.  



I'd love to hear what you think.

Products Used (All Products are Stampin' Up!)
Stamp Sets: Kind and Caring Thoughts (retired hostess set), and Petite Pairs
Cardstock: Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Basic Black and Whisper White
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate and Versamark
Embellishments: Neutrals Candy Dots (Love These!), Basic Black Stampin' Emboss Powder
Tools: SNAIL, Heating Tool, Painter's Tape, Embossing Buddy

Tips
  1. Always use an embossing buddy when embossing, it really works well.
  2. The tutorial uses masking tape, I used blue painters tape instead.
  3. The candy dots can be used with the Candy Dot Brad Bases, or just adhered directly to the paper, like I did here.

If you try this technique let me know, I would love to know how you liked it.
Until next time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great technique! I can't wait to use it, thank you for sharing such an upbeat card!

Sandie Conner said...

Very striking, the color is beautiful. Thanks for sharing a new technique with us. Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week!

Patti MacLeith said...

Love the addition of the black to the colors this week! Thank you for playing at PPA!!

Nina Dee said...

What a bright and cheerful card! Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts! :)