Friday, June 11, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Color Challenge

This weeks for DCBD #180 is a color challenge.



This is how I put these colors together.



All supplies are SU
Paper; basic black, gable green, pixie pink, bashful blue and very vanilla (gable green and pixie pink are retiring June 30th)
Stamps; Because I Care
Ink; Black StazOn
Stampin' Write Markers; pixie pink, gable green and bashful blue
Accessories; vanilla smooch spritz
Punches; scallop trim border and corner punch

I used the pixie pink and bashful blue to attempt 'faux watercoloring' of the flower. This is a method that I learned from a fellow stamper, Maggie, who does a phenomenol job with this and with real watercoloring. I sprayed the black card base and the whisper white with the colored stamped image on with vanilla smooch spritz to give it some sparkle. You can see it a little in the picture, but it doesn't give the card justice.
I hope you enjoy it!
Tammy

4 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Lovely card! Today is hydrangea day at Stampin' Connection! I LOVE this stamp set and I'm on my way out to my stamping table to make one myself and see if I can get it up on my blog right after yours - that would make three of us in a row! :))))) Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Love crafts forever said...

Absolutely stunning. Flowers is one of my favorites. Good job Tammy. Hugs, Nataliya.

SherriC. said...

Good job tam, I love that stamp.....like the new look too

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the sparkle!!! I really love the punched border around the image, makes it really pop off the card!