Thursday, June 10, 2010

PPA46

My second challenge today is a color challenge for Pals Paper Art.
The colors the current in colors for SU, 2 of which are retiring at the end of June; Soft Suede is sticking around but Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry are retiring.



The card I came up with is pretty simple.



All supplies are SU
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Whisper White
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Bermuda Bay 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
Punches: Modern Label, Word Window, Large Oval, Ticket Corner

I stamped the image in the center of Whisper White cardstock, and then covered that image using Dotto with an oval cut from the large oval punch. Using a sponge I brushed the Soft Suede ink all over the Whisper White cardstock, and along the edges. When I was done with the Soft Suede ink I removed the oval piece and the area under that oval is clear, and really stands out.

I hope you enjoy
Tammy

5 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Tammy. Your cards are gorgeous. I am so glad to see you working. Love it. Hugs, Nataliya.

SherriC. said...

So nice Tammy, I love it!!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful job "framing" your image! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Anonymous said...

Cool technique, it really draws the eye to the stamped image! I am going to have to give this a try.

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a wonderful technique! Great use of the challenge colors. Thanks for playing @ PPA!