Saturday, October 23, 2010

Playing in Bleach Again

I'm really enjoying the look you get from using bleach in stamping, I've made a couple different cards today using the bleached out technique.  This is first card I did today, it's with the Day of Gratitude stamp set.



Supplies
Card Stock:  Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, More Mustard
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Versamark
Stamps:  Day of Gratitude
Punches:  Decorative Label Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
Accessories:  SNAIL, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Stamping Sponges, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pals, Basic Pearls, Aqua Painter, Bleach

Tips
  1. I've heard several times that you can heat emboss with the Stampin' Up! Classic Ink Pads, and today I decided to try it and see.
  2. The secret to embossing with the Classic Ink pads is to stamp your image with Versamark and then stamp onto your Classic Ink Pad with any color.
  3. Well, as you can see, it works.  So, it's official you don't need to buy the SU! Craft Ink Pads to heat emboss, all you need is your Versamark.  I'm glad I finally tried this.
  4. Once I stamped and heat embossed my image then I colored it with my Aqua Painter and bleach.  You need to be careful not to get too much bleach on your stamped image because the first time I did it some of the stamped image lost its color.
  5. You can use your Heat Tool to try the bleach quickly, but don't get it too close to your paper.

So, what do you think?

1 comment:

Lori Ingebritson said...

I love your bleached pretty card! It is striking!