Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Versality of Paint Chips

I am so excited about today's post; everyone of these cards make me smile!  I went to a Stampin' Up! Regional event in Hamilton last fall and this was a technique that was demonstrated in one of the WOW presentations.  That day I stopped at Home Depot on my way home and picked up some paint chips to play with.


And true to form, they sat in a drawer for the last 6 months until I finally pulled them out today and decided to start playing with them.  I made 4 different cards to show all of the options you have when using these to make cards with.

The first one is stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink and embossed with Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I stamped with the Whisper White Craft Ink because I was going to use White Stampin' Emboss Powder, but then changed my mind and did the embossing with Iridescent Ice.  Unfortunately, you can't see the sparkle of the "easter eggs" in the picture.


Supplies
Card Stock:  River Rock, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Stamp Set:  Easter Blossoms
Ink:  Whisper White Craft Ink, Rich Razzleberry Craft Ink, Versamark
Punches:  2" x 1-3/8" Oval
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! Subtles Brads (Pretty in Pink), Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, 5/8" Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon, Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder, Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. Big Shot, Dimesionals, SNAIL

For the second card I used Melon Mambo Craft Ink and Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.


Supplies

Card Stock: Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo
Stamp Set: Elements of Style
Ink: Craft Melon Mambo, Classic Basic Black
Punches: 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval, Scallop Oval
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Big Shot, Pretty in Pink 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, SNAIL

Tips
  1. I used the scraps from the paint chips to stamp the "Life is a Matter of Moments."

For my third card I used Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, and I gotta tell you I'm loving how this one turned out!!


Supplies
Card Stock:  Naturals White, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Stamp Sets:  Bliss, Occasional Quotes
Ink:  Versamark
Punches:  Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Ticket Corner Punch
Accessories:  Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Stampin' Up! Brights Brads (Tempting Turquoise), Black Stampin; Emboss Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Basic Black 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, SNAIL, Paper Snips

Tips
  1. I used the Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to make holes exactly where I want the Brads to sit.
  2. When putting Brads in the corner I often get a part of the back of the brad that sticks out past the edge of the paper.  When that happens I use my Paper Snips to cut off the excess.
My last card is my favourite, I love the look of the white embossing with the blue.


Supplies
Card Stock:  Night of Navy, Whisper White
Stamps:  Charming, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Craft Whisper White
Punches:  Pinking Hearts Border Punch
Accessories:  Baja Breeze 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon, Sticky Strip, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat tool

Tips
  1. To get this look with the ribbon, I pulled a couple threads length wise from the middle of the ribbon, and as I pulled that thread the ribbon bunched up.  I then placed a piece of sticky strip across the Night of Navy Card Stock and then layed the ribbon on that Sticky Strip to hold it in place.
Well, that's all for today, I hope you enjoy my post as much as I enjoyed making these cards.  

11 comments:

Stacy Royster said...

Great idea. TFS!! I will be raiding Lowes and Home Depot shortly. They are going to think I am crazy when I pull out my color coach and start matching.
http://stacysstampinspot.com

María said...

Very Nicely Done. Love your tips!!!! TFS

Dale Morin said...

Great layout. The last is my favorite too!

Debbie Martin said...

Ohhhhhh! Very nice. TFs
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Queenie Jeannie said...

ALL are simply stunning!! Bravo!!

Michele said...

I love these. I think the black butterflies on the blue is my favorite. I will definately be hitting up our Lowes. TFS www.doxymommy.com

SherriC. said...

these turned out great Tam...
the last 2 are my fav's...
TFS!!!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wow these are amazing Tammy! TFS.

Patti said...

Very pretty cards. The paint chips are a great idea. My favorite is the last one too. Really elegant looking.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Looks like next time my husband asks if I want to join in on a trip to Lowes, the answer will now be YES! Heehee! Your cards came out beautifully. I especially like the Melon Mambo card...although it's one of my favorite colors so I always go with Melon Mambo. THanks for sharing such a creative tip! :)

Betsy said...

You cards are lovely. I was the demonstrator that did the WOW presentation at the Hamilton Regional. It's nice to see people enjoy and use the ideas that are presented. Well done!