Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hamilton Regionals

On September 25th Stampin" Up! had a Regionals in Hamilton, Ontario and so I got to go.  I went with my upline Mary Rodgers and a 'sister' stamper and friend Diane Arazy.  It was my first Stampin' Up! event and so needless to say I was very excited.  I got to meet Shelli Gardner (SU! CEO and co-founder) and Heather Summers (check out her blog http://www.stampwithheather.typepad.com/), who is just one of my favourite stampers, I visit her blog often for inspiration and smiles.

Anyway, the regionals were a lot of fun, there was lots of energy, excitement, and a ton of inspiration.  I only had time to make 50 swaps for the event, but I got a lot of great cards to show you and some great ideas to CASE.  I also learned several new techniques that I can't wait to try out and show you.

So, lets get on with it ~ here are some of my favourite swaps.  If the stampers included their name and/or website then I will list it below the card.  Unfortunately there are several people that didn't include their name.  If you see a card with no name and you know who made it, please let me know so that I can give them credit.



Caroline LeBel http://www.craftincaro.ca/
This is one of my favourite swaps, and I'm thinking about using it as one of my Christmas cards this year.  This was made



Dina Anker
The blue with the 'just for you' stamped at the top comes out, and can be used as a book mark.


Joan Leblanc
I love the Baja Breeze and Night of Navy together.  The silver embossing on the Baja Breeze is not something I would have thought to do, but I love it.


Kim Assaly http://www.riverfrontstampin.com/
The Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake together is a great combination.  I wasn't sure I liked the Crochet Trim Chantilly Ribbon, but the more I see it the more I like it.


Kristal Mantle
Don't you just love how Kristal a stamp from the Awash with Flowers set to make the skirt on the girl.  Ingenious if you ask me.  Shelli Gardner obviously thought so too becasue this was one of the two cards that she picked as her favourites of the swaps.


Laura Robinson http://www.hyperstamper.com/


No name was included.
I learned something new with this swap.  The line of glitter across the card was done with placing a strip of Sticky Strip across the card and adding Glitter to it.


Patricia Blagdon-Williams
This was made using the Snowflakes #2 Original Die and the Big Shot to cut the snowflake out of a soda can.



Sheila Edwards



Stephanie David




Wendy Tompkins
This is another I think I may CASE for my Christmas cards this year.

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to come back tomorrow for more swaps.


2 comments:

SherriC. said...

those are some really nice cards....hope you had a great time!!!

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

you liked my card - I'm so so thrilled :)