Sunday, July 31, 2011

Masculine Cards

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you are enjoying your day.  Today's card is a masculine one, I have such a hard time with these so when I saw this one in the catalog I couldn't resist.  I've already made about 8 of these LOL.



The greeting I used on mine is Happy Birthday, but it is such a versatile card you could use any greeting you wanted.

Supplies

Stamp Sets:  Lovely as a Tree, Something to Celebrate
Card Stock:  Soft Suede, River Rock, Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Textured Early Espresso
Classic Ink:  Early Espresso
Craft Ink:  Early Espresso
Stampin' Write Markers: Early Espresso
Accessories:  Gold Brads, Regal Brads, Neutral Brads, Subtles Brads, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Spritzer, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, SNAIL, Glue Dots, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pals

Tips
  1. This isn't really a tip, just a thought; don't you love how Stampin' Up! has so many different supplies to meet your needs.  I used a Stmapin' Write Marker, Craft Ink, Classic Ink and Textured Paper all in the same color; what more could you want out of a company!
  2. I embossed the tree with Clear Embossing Powder.  Craft Ink is an awesome way to be able to emboss in every one of SU!'s colors (except the in-colors ;-{).  All you need is Craft Ink in any color and Clear Embossing Powder and voila! 
  3. When emobssing you always want to use your Embossing Buddy so that the embossing powder only sticks on the ink, and not the paper.
  4. Once I stamped and embossed the tree I tore the paper around it free hand.
Well, that's all for today.  Bye for now.


No comments: