Friday, August 5, 2011

Aviary

Good morning all, and it is a good morning because it is Friday and that means the weekend is here!  Today's card is CASE'd from one of my most favourite Stampin' Up! demonstrators...not that I know her personally, but I know her work well.  It is Kimberly Van Diepen and her blog is Stampin' By The Sea!



I've made a few changes, actually they aren't really changes, just "omissions" but essentially it is an out right copy of Kimberly's work!

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Aviary, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Black Staz On, Real Red Classic Ink
Card Stock:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper:  Love Notes (retired)
Punches:  Modern Label Punch
Accessories:  SNAIL, Stamp-a-ma-Jig, 5/8" Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Paper Snips, Stamping Sponges


Tips
  1. The Modern Label punch comes in 1 size, so to layer it I cut the black outer layer in half and then just layer the ends.
  2. Sponging the edge of the Very Vanilla cardstock gives some depth to the images.
  3. I used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to place the bird and the stand images perfectly.
  4. I used the sticky strip for the ribbon, which is just glued to the DSP and not wrapped all the way around.
Thanks for your visit today and if you get a chance check out Kimberly's blog, she has some great projects.

3 comments:

Knowles Family said...

I love this card! I need to get this stamp set! Following!

http://stampinupissupersweet.blogspot.com/

linda

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Tammy, how creative and so beautifully done. It is simply stunning your detail is just Lovely and so fantastic, I love it. I love your art and creative mind! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!! Please take a look on my Blogspot.
Hugs from Marina.

Anonymous said...

Now Following! Found you via stampin connection.

This is a gorgeous card